You will need to prepare a number of important documents for you and your family prior to immigrating. Once you have arrived in Grande Prairie, there are also a number of important documents to acquire as soon as possible. A checklist for these documents are provided below.
The following documents are important to have for you and your family throughout the immigration process.
- Birth certificate
- Marriage or divorce certificates (if applicable)
- Death certificates for deceased family members (if applicable)
- Adoption records (if applicable)
- Official vaccination records
- Medical and dental records
- International Drivers' License
- Academic certificates and transcripts (if the original documents are not in English or French, please have a certified translation and provide the original, certified translation and name and contact information of the translation agency)
After arriving in Canada, make it a priority to start applying for the following documents:
- Social Insurance Number (SIN) Card
- Alberta Health Care Insurance Plan (AHCIP) Card
- Alberta Driver's License
- Alberta Photo ID Card (for individuals who do not obtain a driver's license but still require government-issued photo identification)