Enjoying recreational activities or getting involved in sports leagues is a great way to meet new people, get involved in your community and stay healthy and active.
With the variety of both recreation and competitive sports leagues available for all age groups of all skill land ability levels, there truly is something for everyone here in Grande Prairie.
If you are looking for a team to join or a sports event to attend, visit the GP Sport Council directory on their website.
Grande Prairie has many gyms and rec centres, each offering unique programming.
Here are some of the facilities run by the City of Grande Prairie:
- Dave Barr Community Centre
- Ice area
- Dry floor rental
- Kid's Place Pre-K
- Kid's Care Day Care
- Family Day Home Program
- Active Zone Programs and Camps
- Coca-Cola Centre
- twin community ice arenas
- meeting or event room rentals
- Eastlink Centre
- Aquatics facility featuring a 25 metre Program Pool, 50 metre Competition Pool, children's 'Aquaterasaurus Land' dinosaur- themed indoor water park, FlowRider surf simulator, lazy river, log walk, wading pool, waterslides, dive tower, steam room and sauna and multiple hot tubs
- Multiple board room and multi-purpose rooms to host meetings, classes or events
- Fully equipped cooking classroom
- Ernie's Fitness Centre and Finning Fitness Studio
- Fieldhouse and Servus Court equipped for multiple sports
- Indoor walk/running track
- "Jungle" Play Place for children 0-12 years
- Skate park
- Squash and racquetball courts
To help contribute to healthy and active communities, the City of Grande Prairie also offers Active Zone Child and Youth Programs and Childcare, Recreation Drop-in Programs, and recreational facility rentals including gyms and fields.