To operate a vehicle you need a driver’s license, insurance and registration on your vehicle.

To get an Alberta Driver’s License or register your vehicle you must go to one of the private registry businesses.

For insurance, contact the Alberta Motor Association (AMA).

Before you take a driver's exam to obtain an Alberta license, consider taking in a driver's training course. These are offered through AMA.

To apply for an international driving permit (IDP). You need to have a valid driver's license from your home country when you drive with an IDP.  An IDP is valid for 1 year for tourists.

Familiarize yourself with the different ways to get around Grande Prairie and it is also important to learn the laws for drivers in Alberta.